Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Life on Farm

When I was a kid, I never imagined that I would be a farm girl...or that I would actually like it - PREFER it, even!
I grew up in a rural community - Bulldog City, America! - but the extent of my 'farming' was my dad's pepper and tomato plants, our cat and one dog.  That is it.  I cannot recall throwing a single bale of hay in my entire life, until I moved to Texas.  The place was awful, and I am not going to go into the whole convoluted background on that, but I planted my first garden and had my first chickens and ducks there.  I threw the hay and rode some horses....I fell in love.  I fell out of love, and came back home with my tail between my legs and a sweet little baby in tow....and fell in love again.  12 years later, here we are.  We have our own little piece of land, a few pretty great kids that are ok farmhands when they want to be, and a hodge-podge of livestock and other little creatures (anyone need a cat?!?!).  But, for right now, we are pretty proud of this....
Our garden for 2012.....
It is too big to get the whole thing in one frame, but you get the idea!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment